Montag, 22. Dezember 2008

Great Ocean Road




Sunday morning I did a trip to and on the Great Ocean Road, as I couldn’t hire a car to drive back to Sydney myself.
However, it was a most enjoyable day: We started with some morning tea at Bells Beach, did see some wild Koalas, sleeping in Eukalyptus Trees (where else) and visited the 12 Apostels – even if there are just 11 left.
The day was long – we did start at 8am and returned at 9pm – but the sun did shine all the time. Now I am in the club “Great Ocean Road Visitor”. But to be honest: I must not do it again. The landscape is nice, but I have seen much nicer ones….
Saying that: The markets here are nice as well; arts, craft and souveniers. Sometimes I just think you get all of that in any bigger town – so why visiting them? Because every towm is unique and even if such things are the same, my impression of the cities I have seen now is quite different. I am really happy having seen every capital of every state and territory by now.
As well as I have been in every of the three oceans surrounding Australia: the pacific in the east, the Indian ocean in the west and the southern ocean here in the south!!!!

Keine Kommentare: