Montag, 22. Dezember 2008

Tassie

Tasmania was absolutely worth the trip and I was just to lazy to write more in english – I am sorry!
Hiring a car after arrivel I did drive down the east coast from Launceston to Bichino. There are (next to those ones I’ve seen in KI) the most beautiful beaches. It was quite cold, so I stop just to take a photo and not to swim in the ocean. Bichino is famous for the Blow Hole – unfortunately it didn’t blow out water when I was there; but it was nice to see anyway.
On the next day I drove to Port Arthur – a historical site; it is not a town. So there are some hotels and camping grounds and restaurants – but no grocer…
It is told that ghosts are seen or felt during night and daytime. So one mustn’t wonder about strange feelings, reactions or shadows on photos taken… I haven’t felt anything strange nor seen something and my photos are as good and normal as usual….
The third day I arrived in Hobart where I joined a tour for 8 days. We passed several townships and did see very much. Some “attractions” I must not see again. Others, like the Strahan Railway Treck I did enjoy very much. I did a Rainforest Airwalk, did see Quolls and Wombats in wild and spend a lovely afternoon in the Cradle Mountains.
I am sure about coming back to Tassie one day and then I will spent more time in the Mountains and see some more of Launceston’s sourroundings…

1 Kommentar:

K hat gesagt…

Hi Rebekka!

Looks like I just missed to see you again, as I'm right now down in Tassie for my christmas hols. But it definitely sounds like you had fun down here and did some great stuff.
Anyway, I wish you a merry christmas!

Cheers!